Back from a brief vacation full of sunshine, swaying palms, and the wrangling of a wild 1.5 year old rookie traveler, business is full speed. Thank you clients near and far, for trusting me with your utmost color/design dilemmas.
I like to stay inspired through the busy season by way of Houzz, Pinterest, design magazines, and the wonderful trend webinars composed by Pantone. I just viewed the trend forecast for Spring/Summer 2014 and it was brimming with color & vitality. I scribbled down meetings notes, and sometimes I like to share the raw, unabridged info with you. So here goes…
• Shopper enthusiasm returns with a longing for affordable luxury.
• Retailers focus on online shopping enticements & mobile commerce.
• Loud floral patterns are key. Asian & 60’s influences will be seen.
• Landscape, atmospheric prints are also big for Spring.
• Black & white pattern is BACK. Especially stripes.
• Footwear is LOUD. Spiral heels, funky shapes, bright colors. The standards have definitely changed.
• Mantihose, lol. Yes, they claim this is huge in Europe. Also, tattoo simulating hosiery.
• Strong color continues in 2014, more grown up this time.
• Neutrals are warmer, shades of tan & nature’s white. See, I told you :)
• Bright eye shadow floods the runways. Blue & green.
• Green- we see a full range with cooler shades making a come back.
• Russet brown was mentioned often & paired with citron.
• Strong presence of yellow. Bright canary shades.
• Blue is everywhere. Crystal tones, cornflower, & indigo.
• Orange. Scarlet red. Red based violets. Pink. Metallics. Black. White.
• Raw wood & emphasis on craftsmanship in furniture.
There you have it readers, a little Alice in Wonderland isn’t it? Run wild and free!
(thank you lifeisacolorpalette.blogspot.com, Calico Corners, Domino, myhealthandbeauty.net, Vogue UK, BHG, & cococozy.com for the photos)