Readers, what a whirlwind of excitement we’ve been experiencing at Color Zen. Clients, marketing events, and even an HGTV casting (how I look forward to sharing the tale).
But let us never stray from our core. COLOR.
It’s time for the annual Fall, Top 5 Color Picks for 2013! Fresh from the office, autumn breeze blowing in, ruffling a pile of clippings and color chippings. These colors have been carefully considered and inspired by NY Fashion Week, back to school trends, all of the major color company’s forecasts (especially Sherwin’s), client requests, and my own instinct.
Remember the blazing neons from the past several years? They have grown up! The 2013 color scene is different- sophisticated, gentle, introspective, soft, smokey, and moody.
Gray is (still) HUGE. More true this year, like gradations of black. Black & white flood the scene. As well as saturated jewel tones, inspired by nature and global ancestry. Also… peach (think cream, buff, pale pink), a vintage touch. Remember when I mentioned this grouping?
Here are our favorites-
1. Metallic Gold. On the walls, in fashion, as an accent. It’s been a while! Weren’t we just replacing those darn brass fixtures? :) Well, the new gold is more subtle anyway… slightly tarnished, or mixed with silver and bronze. Our favorite gold paint- Ralph Lauren Regent Metallics.
2. Emerald Green. Pantone called it! Although I like mine faded. Mix it with black & white, colors and metal. You rarely see this on the walls? Makes it an interesting choice! See Benjamin Moore holiday wreath 447.
3. Peach. Vintage glamour. Looks lovely with gold/cream/white/black. On the wall I like it very, very light and airy. So it’s almost mistaken for cream. Take a peak at Benjamin Moore french manicure 1086.
4. Burgundy. I bought a pair of suede Michael Kors heels in this hue. They seem to go with everything? Perfect accent. This color can bring the richest, global touch to your room. I like a range from burnt red to red-violet. Try Benjamin Moore cranberry cocktail 2083-20.
5. Lagoon. A murky, mysterious, dark teal. One of many shades of blue to sweep through fashion and accessories. I find this color particularly versatile in decorating. It flows with many surfaces and colors while feeling forever zen. Check out Benjamin Moore north sea green 2053-30.
I hope you feel inspired, cheers readers!
p.s.- Here is a link to previous years’ picks.
(thank you livingdesignineden.com, tomandlorenzo.com, kmldesign.dk, camillestyles via flickriver, Emmy’s, decorationchannel.com, Nanette Lepore via Marie Claire, West Elm, and Oscar de la Renta via Vogue for the photo inspiration)