Spring is ALL ACTION in the design biz. The warm weather gets everyone moving & inspired to make positive change. Good energy is flowing…
As I work with a large range of local, national, and international clients, I feel (particularly at this time of year) the REAL trend waves for 2014. The select movements from art, fashion, culture, and travel that translate into real life. Every year it’s a little different!
Here is a peek at the trends client’s are asking for this year-
1. Serene Paint Colors. Light, light, light ethereal shades. White, blue, blue/violet, gray, and barely there neutrals.
2. BLUE. Everywhere! In regards to paint- very light powdery shades, a royal accent wall, or navy. If it’s not on the walls it’s in the accessories. The blue shades are more true, less blue/green, leaning violet. Lots of blue & white patterns.
3. Wallpaper. I’m personally obsessed as well (bold & graphic gets me every time). The resources are endless- here is one of my personal favorites- walnutwallpaper.com. It seems to be either bold, oversize graphic patterns or zen, natural woven papers. Both equally stunning.
4. Black & White. Touches of black and white throughout the home. A classic combination that always feels fresh & modern. We are still painting trim & wood white, perhaps adding a black accent or two.
5. Dramatic, Oversize Light Fixtures. Drums, pendants, and chandeliers. You CAN find great fixtures on a budget, so keep searching my friends. In my experience, this is one of the top 5 ways to instantly update your room in the most powerful way.
Would you like to add a little of this? Call me! I’m feeling especially inspired this year :)
(thank you Pinterest, Joss & Main, and West Elm for the photos)