Well this was super fun! Last week, we tapped a segment at the Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity Restore.
A few days before taping, I visit the store to select items to discuss. Honestly, it was difficult to edit down. There are so many great pieces and the inventory changes everyday. The gorgeous bar chairs at the end of the video, we threw in last minute because I gasped when I saw them sitting in the corner, lol.
I didn’t tell many people about this segment as it just sort of happened quickly. So afterward, I received a lot of messages from clients & friends. Here is the feedback>
- I want this to be a regular segment.
- I’m not great at decorating and this made me feel inspired to do something interesting.
- You need a microphone.
- I loved how the accessories added a fresh touch.
- I want the dresser, I want the chairs :)
- For some reason watching this uplifted me.
- Wear more lipstick (My Mother) lol (I had a lot on, it didn’t show up)
- Is there really that much great stuff in the store? -Yes there is!
I will say, in working with many interior design clients, people often tell me their room never achieved the look they were hoping for. We typically purchase most of our furnishings at the same time. Everything is very consistent and sometimes lacks wow factor.
World-renowned designers will tell you, throw something into the room that doesn’t match. As I gain years of experience, I take more risks, adding surprise elements. This is truly what takes your look to the next level, though it takes trial & error. Restore finds can give you that missing link. If you don’t know where to start, consider hiring a designer.
I hope to bring you more videos in the future! Thank you Jake of Restore for working with me so kindly.
Funk it up friends,